Patrimoine architectural

Quick info
COLMAR

Monument dedicated to Pfeffel 

This statue of the poet and teacher Théophile Conrad Pfeffel (1736-1809) who was born in Colmar is a copy of an original work of André Friedrich (1859). Initially placed in front of the Unterlinden Museum, the statue was damaged and was replaced...

Quick info
COLMAR

Monument to General Rapp 

This statue dedicated to General Jean Rapp (1771-1821) was Bartholdi's first public monument. He was only 20 when he made it in 1854. Originally, it was exhibited on the Champs Elysées in Paris and presented at the Universal Exhibition of 1855. In...

Quick info
COLMAR

Museum of the municipal factories 

Located on the site of the former water pumping station for the Colmar basin, this 1884 builded museum preserves the industrial heritage linked to the activities of the city factories (drinking water, gas lighting, electric power and public...

Quick info
COLMAR

Natural history and ethnography Museum 

At the heart of the Little Venice district, in a beautiful historic building, the Colmar Museum of Natural History and Ethnography presents rich collections of regional and exotic naturalized animals, the geology of the planet with precious...

Quick info
COLMAR

Parc du Champ de Mars 

Biggest park of the city center, the Champ de Mars is a privileged place for walking lined with 193 lindens. In the alleys, do not miss the two statues of Bartholdi, General Rapp and Fontaine Bruat.

Quick info
COLMAR

Parc Méquillet 

Old public garden intended for families with children on 5 acres fully enclosed with many games on the theme of the circus.

Quick info
COLMAR

Parc Saint-François-Xavier 

Green area of 10 ares, very dense and shaded by magnificent trees : weeping beech, bald cypress, ginkgo biloba and Sequoia gigantea. There is also a playground and a picturesque house of Alsace in the middle of wild vegetation.

Quick info
COLMAR

Prefecture 

The prefecture of Haut-Rhin began the construction of its new building in 1862. Their former building, in the hotel of the Pairis Abbey (now City Hall), where it was installed since its inception in 1800, was too cramped. The new building, built on...

Quick info
COLMAR

Saint Martin Church 

Built between 1235 and 1365 the Saint Martin’s collegiate church is an important example of Gothic architecture in Alsace. Because of a fire in the south tower in 1572 the framework and all the roofs were destroyed. The tower was replaced three...

Quick info
COLMAR

Saint Matthieu Church 

The Franciscans, arrived in Colmar before 1250, started in 1292 the construction of a building which was ended only during the first half of the 14th century. With the Dominicans church, this monument is one of the major achievements of the...

Quick info
COLMAR

Schwendi fountain 

This fountain, designed by Auguste Bartholdi in 1898 is surmounted by a bronze statue of Lazare de Schwendi (1522-1583). Demolished in 1940, the fountain was rebuilt after the war with a smaller fountain basin, oriented differently. The statue is...

Quick info
COLMAR

Seat of the Ploughmen's guild 

The current building comes from the reconstruction in 1626 of a building which was already used by the powerful ploughmen’s guild. The guild, which had a role of executive functions on the inhabitants of Colmar, rebuilt its meeting place in the...

Quick info
COLMAR

Square Adolphe Hirn 

Close to the Saint Pierre Chapel, this quiet and restful square, welcomes you around another Bartholdi statue, Adolph Hirn (mathematician).

Quick info
COLMAR

Statue of liberty 

This statue made of resin is a 12-meter high replica of the Statue of Liberty. It was sculpted to commemorate the 100th death anniversary of the sculptor Auguste Batholdi, who was born in Colmar and created the "Liberty lightening the world". Many...

Quick info
COLMAR

St Martin's circle 

Created in 1880 and reused in 1890 by the priest Etienne Frey, the St Martin’s circle was imagined to provide cultural activities for men, to promote physical exercises and supervise youth. In 1895, the architect François-Xavier Kreyer ends the...

Quick info
COLMAR

St Peter's Chapel 

On the Oberhof, one of the original nucleus of Colmar, stands since the 10th century the Saint Pierre priory, which is a property of the Swiss Benedictine abbey from Payerne. A roman church with two towers and which is possible to see on the older...

Quick info
COLMAR

Tanner's district 

The tanner’s district is constituted from high wood framing houses and half timbered houses, mostly dating back to the 17th and 18th centuries. The houses were used by tanners who worked and lived there with their families. They were also used for...

Quick info
COLMAR

The 'Catherinettes' 

The Dominican Sisters of St. Catherine founded their convent in Colmar in 1310. They originally came from Ammerschwihr. The provisory chapel where they first were was not consecrated until late 1371. The nave was ended in 1436 and the cloister was...

Quick info
COLMAR

The Dominican Church 

Started in 1283, the construction of the Dominican church mainly dates back to the first half of the 14th century. It is an important example of the mendicant orders architecture, even if the Dominicans arrived in 1278 were temporarily driven out of...



Tourist Office of Colmar and its region

 Place Unterlinden
68000 COLMAR - FRANCE

Find us on Wechat

OPENING HOURS

Timetable for July
Monday to Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Sundays and holidays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Timetable for August
Monday to Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sundays and holidays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

  • +33 (0)3 89 20 68 92
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.