In the early 19th century, many studies were made to build a theater in the hotel of the Six Montagnes Noires or in the Dominican church, or build one instead of the Koïfhus or the Champ de Mars. It was finally decided to build one behind the convent of the Dominicans of Unterlinden. The work started in 1947 and lasted two years. The theater was inaugurated on 8 March 1849. Inspired by the classicism, this theater was designed by architect Louis Michel Boltz, who also built the covered market of Colmar in 1865. The interior of this Italian theater is decorated by the Parisian artist-decorator Boulangé. Extended in 1902, the theater was renovated between 1999 and 2000.
3 rue d'Unterlinden