Logo Office de Tourisme de Colmar

Intended for the Oberlandesgericht or High Tribunal of Reichsland, which was too cramped in the palace of the Sovereign Council, this building was inaugurated in 1906. The construction started in May 1902 on the former site of the experimental vineyard of the Horticultural and Viticulture Society. The building was designed by the architects Kuder and Müller in a German neo-baroque style.


Colmar is the regional judicial capital since the arrival of the Sovereign Council in 1698. From the Revolution it has a superior court, called Court of Appeal, imperial Court or royal Court, according to the periods. The superior court of Alsace-Lorraine succeeded in 1918 to the Oberlandesgericht who settled with the annexation of Alsace by Germany. It became again the Court of Appeal in 1923 and is today still in the same building.


Court of Appeal
9 Avenue Raymond Poincarré
68000 Colmar

media
Situation

MOSAIQUE_PATRIMOINE


SELECTION_RUBRIQUE

Adolph House

Bartholdi College

Bartholdi Museum

Bruat Fountain

Court of Appeal

Former Dominican Convent (today public library)

Former Hospital - Mediatheque

Former Protestant presbytery (House of arcades)

Former St John's commanderie

House of Heads

Little Venice

Monument dedicated to Bartholdi

Monument dedicated to Hirn

Monument dedicated to Pfeffel

Monument to General Rapp

Museum of the municipal factories

Natural history and ethnography Museum

Parc du Champ de Mars

Parc Méquillet

Parc Saint-François-Xavier

Public Theater

Saint Martin Church

Saint Matthieu Church

Schwendi fountain

Seat of the Ploughmen's guild

Square Adolphe Hirn

Square de la Montagne-Verte

St Martin's circle

St Peter's Chapel

Statue of liberty

Tanner's district

The 'Catherinettes'

The Dominican Church

The fishmonger's district

The former guard house

The Hansi Village and its Museum

The House of the St. John's Knights

The Pfister House

The Roesselmann Fountain

The Synagogue

Toy Museum

Unterlinden Museum

Voltaire's residence

Water Tower garden

“Zum Schwan“ House (or Schongauer House)

Go to top