The water tower was used for the regulation and the distribution of drinking water in Colmar, controlled in July 1884 by municipal wastewater treatment plants. It was imagined by the city architect Jean-Baptiste-Victor Huen and Swiss engineer Henri Grüner. Its tower, in a German neo-Gothic style, is situated on one of the highest points of the city. It has been a feature of the Colmar landscape since 1886. It is 53 meters high and can contain up to 1200 m3 of water. It has not been used since 1984, but remains the oldest water tower in Alsace.
Avenue Raymond Poincarré