The architecture of this house is reminiscent of Venetian palaces. The house has a two-floor gallery of arched arcades, surmounted by a stone balustrade, which links together two buildings. One side of the building overlooks the road and the other the inner courtyard.
The building is in reality a reconstitution from the 19th century. The original elements have probably been dismantled and then reassembled in Germany. The house has been built in 1608 by the architect Albert Schmidt, also known for the House of Heads and the House of Arcades. This house has never belonged to the Johannites and so there is no real reason to call it the house of the St. John's Knights.
The House of the St. John's Knights
rue St Jean