The tanner’s district is constituted from high wood framing houses and half timbered houses, mostly dating back to the 17th and 18th centuries. The houses were used by tanners who worked and lived there with their families. They were also used for drying out their skins on the upper floors, often with an openwork design. The tanner’s district was renovated between 1698 and 1974. The renovation gave back its beauty to this village in the heart of the city.
rue des Tanneurs