The current building comes from the reconstruction in 1626 of a building which was already used by the powerful ploughmen’s guild. The guild, which had a role of executive functions on the inhabitants of Colmar, rebuilt its meeting place in the architectural style of the late Renaissance. The door frame, the transoms, the mullions and the decorated lintels of the windows offer a rather complete decorative repertoire.
After the revolution, the Jewish community of Colmar used the building as a worship place until 1842. Then a new synagogue was built rue de la Cigogne.
Seat of the Ploughmen's guild
rue de l'Ange