Built around 1350, this house is considered to be one of the oldest in Colmar. It owns its name to the Adolph family, who removed the gothic picture windows at the end of the 19th century. Those picture windows, from the late 14th century, show with the pointed-arch windows, the influence of the religious art on the urban architecture. The third storey and the half-timbered gable have been added in the 16th century.
Next to the Adolph house is a well dating back to 1592 and surmounted by two lion heads. The well was initially in the Marchands Street nearby.
16 Place de la Cathédrale